Would you like to see a Montessori Public School option in Madison?
Public Montessori schools have been a tremendously successful option as public schools and charter schools throughout the United States and in many cities and towns throughout Wisconsin.
Help make Madison a part of this movement!
Public Montessori education:
- is for all children, regardless of socio-economic background
- has been proven to help close the “opportunity gap”
- answers the developmental needs of each individual child
- develops a genuine love of learning
- offers freedom within boundaries
- fosters a sense of personal responsibility
- encourages independence
- addresses the needs of the whole child
- allows children to learn from their own mistakes and make their own discoveries
- teaches interpersonal skills through lessons in grace and courtesy
- develops a strong community in the classroom and the school
- lets children learn from each other in mixed-age classrooms
- is aligned with Common Core standards
- includes opportunities for service learning and real-world experience
- has been shown to improve academics and increase graduation rates
- celebrates and honors each student’s unique background and identity
- encourages children to spend lots of time outdoors, including a “classroom garden”