Our growing school community serves children ages two months to 15 years, providing AMI Montessori Nido, Young Children’s Community, Primary, Elementary, and Adolescent Programs.
Our learning community has transformed into two branches; one continuing as a non-profit serving children from two months through three years, and the other branch (IMA Public) serving students from 4K through High School in AMI Montessori prepared environments as a tuition-free, public school. This is your opportunity to become part of the first, public AMI Montessori School in Madison, WI!
We are housed in an architect designed building with outdoor access from the lower-level classrooms, multiple gathering areas, a lactation room, a full commercial kitchen, and beautiful natural light throughout. Located at the base of the isthmus of Madison, the capital city of Wisconsin, our school benefits from access to the beautiful lakes, arboretum, world-class university, and one of the largest and best farmers markets! Madison is a city of culture, music, festivals, global cuisine, and full of caring, creative, innovative, and genuine people.
Our organization has partnerships with organic farms for our snack and hot lunch program. We are steps from a bus stop, allowing children to participate in an active Going Out Program within the beautiful city of Madison with its many resources, and we have enough green space for exploration, play, field sports, a chicken coop, and a garden.
Honoring the spirit of each child is the driving force for our teachers and families. Won’t you join us in offering education founded on peace, sustainability, and community? Isthmus Montessori Academy (Public) follows the same interview process for all applicants.
- Submit applicant, resume, and cover letter to our employment email.
- Answer written questions (accommodations can be made in accordance with ADA guidelines)
- A brief phone interview/conversation
- Reference check
- Observation of the school and classrooms environment, if applicable
- In-person interview with the Heads of School
- An in-person interview with a student, parent, and teacher may be required depending on the position
We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a school culture that is reflective of our greater community. You can find our employment opportunities on our website, as well as Indeed, Care.com, Purple Briefcase, Handshake, and other online job boards. If you are interested in learning more about the positions we have available, or our hiring process, please contact our Human Resources Department.
- Upper Elementary
- IB Coordinator for the High School Program
- Cross Classroom Guide (Special Education Teacher)
- Nido (Infant) Supporting Educator (Full-time)
- Young Children’s Community Supporting Educator (Full-time)
- Primary Supporting Educator (Full-time)
- After School Supporting Educator (Full-time and Part-time)
- Elementary Supporting Educator (Full-time)
- Special Education Program Aides (Full-time and Part-time)
- Administrative Assistant
- Physical Therapist (Part-time)
- AMI-Certified Special Education Teachers (Full-time)*
- Supporting Educator/Special Education Program Aide (Full-time and Part-time)
- Food Director & Supporting Educator (Full-time)
- School Psychologist (Part-time)
*Sponsorship available for Special Education Training, Montessori Training, and DPI License
Isthmus Montessori Academy respects the right of every person to participate in employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disabled veterans or Vietnam era veterans status or membership/activity in a local human rights commission, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations of federal, state and local governing bodies. This applies in all areas of employment including recruiting, hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits and training.
Specifically, Isthmus Montessori will implement this nondiscrimination policy by providing equal employment and advancement opportunity on the basis of merit within the context of its unique environment.